Get your tickets for Matilda now! It runs January 26,27,28,30 and February 2,3,4,6 PLEASE NOTE: The stage is at the BOTTOM of the sales page. Buy Tickets for...
Welcome/Welcome Back to Centennial Middle School!
We are excited for the impending 2021-2022 school year and hope that every family joins our PTA! We work to support our administration, faculty and staff so that they can better serve Your Students . We also act as an advocate for your child at the school, district, and state level – working to improve the school environment, increasing resources, and providing high quality PTA programs. During the Utah legislative session, we will keep you informed of potential legislation that you may speak with your representatives about; our intent is to help you be informed so that together we can advocate for our students. Here are some of the things PTA works hard to do throughout the year:
- Monthly lunches or treats to support our teachers and staff
- Once a year programs like Red Ribbon Week (alcohol/drug prevention), White Ribbon Week (internet and social media safety), Career Day, Reflections, Reality Town and so many more!
- Weekly library volunteers to keep library open during lunchtimes
- Voicing needs of students and families to teachers and administration
- Updating PTA members on progress made at the school and keeping you informed about events through our meeting minutes and social media
- Advocating with the state legislature on behalf of our students to ensure that education, child safety and wellness are a top priority in Utah
Centennial has great engagement between the PTA and the school and we’d love for you to be a part of it. We welcome all parents and guardians regardless of your availability to volunteer. If all you can do is join at this time in your life, that is enough! The cost of membership is $5. But the power of our unified voices is priceless!!
To avoid fundraisers to support the PTA programs such as Reflections, Red Ribbon Week, White Ribbon Week and Teacher Appreciation we are asking those who can make a $15 donation to the Centennial Middle School PTA. Any amount more or less will also be appreciated. This can be paid online with your school fees, at the PTA table during registration week or you can donate through Paypal.
We hope to engage our parents more this year through social media and our parent cafes. Our Facebook group is ” Centennial Middle School PTA ” and our Instagram feed is under ” centennialpta “.
Thank you for your support! Stop by our table during Registration Week or Back to School Night to say hello, tell us how we can better serve our students, join PTA, sign up for volunteer opportunities and help make this a fantastic school year for our kids! Plus, plan on attending our PTA meetings on the first Thursday of every month at 10am.
Kari Kawa CMS PTA President 2021-2022