Course Description/Overview/Welcome Statement
This course provides students the opportunity to learn essential life skills. It allows them to develop skills in food and nutrition, childcare and safety, consumerism, family relationships, personal responsibility, and job-related tasks.
- Self Concept, Values, Goals, Friends, Peer Pressure, Etiquette and Manners.
- Food Safety and Kitchen Management
- Nutrition Basics, MyPlate
- Child Care and Develoment
Assessment of Progress
- Daily participation quiz/questions, hands on labs and activities
- Pretest assessments and end of unit tests will be given
- End of Semester Entrepreneurial project