Important dates for all classes in CMS Ballroom:
August 18 3:00-5:00 comp team only practice
August 19 8:00-11:00 AM comp team only practice
August 25 3:00-5:00 comp team only practice
August 26 8:00-11:00 AM comp team only practice
September 8 3:00-5:00 comp team only practice
September 9 8:00-11:00 AM comp team only practice
Wed., Sept. 20, 3:30-5:00 PM Dance practice lab CMS Gym
September 23, Orem High Ballroom Competition
Thurs., Oct 5, 7:00 – 8:30 PM Dance practice lab DMS Lunchroom
October 14 Pleasant Grove Ballroom Competition
November 10 3:00 BYU dance competition
11: 8:00 AM BYU dance competition day 2
Wed., Nov. 15, 3:30-5:00 PM Dance practice lab CMS Gym
Thurs., Dec 7, 7:00 – 8:30 PM DMS Lunchroom
Jan 9, 10: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM Ballroom practice in auditorium
Jan 10: Ballroom Concert in auditorium, 7:30 PM
Jan 11 DMS cotillion Dixon Lunchroom
Jan 13, 20, Feb 10, 17, Feb Comp team Saturday practices in the boys gym 8:00-11:00 PM
Thurs., Feb 21, 7:00 – 8:30 PM Dance practice lab DMS Lunchroom
March 6-11 Ballroom Nationals Competition at BYU after school (no times yet)
Wed., Mar 14, 3:30-5:00 PM Dance practice lab CMS Gym
April 17-21 practice on CMS stage all periods during the day.
April 23 and 24 – Dance Showcase Tech rehearsal at Timpview Auditorium (Timpview & CMS)
April: 26-28 CMS & THS ballroom dress at TIMPVIEW Auditorium after school starting 3:00 PM.
Thurs., Apr 26 , 7:00 – 8:30 PM Dance practice lab DMS Lunchroom
DMS cotillion May 17
Wednesday, May 23, 7:00-9:00 PM: CMS/DMS/THS/PHS Social at CMS
June 18-22: Beginner ballroom camp at Centennial Dance room, 2:00-3:30.
About Mr. McIntire
Phone Extension: 1394
- Bachelors: BYU
- Masters: USU
- Originally from: Parker, Arizona
- Tinkering with electronics
- Playing violin
- Ancient cultures
- Remodeling my house
- Where I’ve traveled: Many U.S. states, Canada, Mexico, Beliz, Cayman Islands, Peru, Argentina, Chile.
- Favorite book: science fiction- Battlefield Earth; nonfiction-Having Our Say; YA fiction: A Year Down Yonder
- Favorite computer game: Net Hack
- Who I admire most: Harry Truman, John Adams
- What is unique about me: I sneeze when I get tired. When I was little, I saw dead people.
- What is my favorite part of teaching? Helping students enjoy dancing.
- If I weren’t a teacher, what would I be? Electronics engineer.
- What is my favorite holiday: the last day of school.
- What did I want to be when I was growing up: an engineer.